Are you an author?
Do you have a Booklaunch page?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the first question, but ‘no’ to the second, you’re missing out.
Despite their name, Booklaunch isn’t just a page for people ‘launching’ a new book. It’s a page for anyone who has written a book and is selling it on emarkets. Check out the Booklaunch page I created for my book, Ashborne. I know I’m biased, but isn’t it beautiful? Now imagine your book there. It’s a beautiful advertising poster just for you and it’s free. All you need is your kindle book id number and you’re good to go. They have a handy tutorial to walk you through everything, but I don’t think you’ll need it. I’m not lying when I say it’s the easiest thing I’ve ever set up on the internet.
Before you ask, no, they haven’t paid me to advertise for them. I’m writing this because I fell in love with their pages, and I think anyone who’s written a book should have one.
If you’re still on the fence about it, let’s look at it a different way . . .
Why you should set up a Booklaunch page for your book:
1) It’s super easy to do.
2) You get a beautiful page you can use to market your book (Facebook, guest blogs, interviews, personal blogs, author pages, Goodreads, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest–basically, it’s an electronic poster for your book to send not only around the social media sites, but also to your mailman, your co-worker who had no idea you were a writer, Aunt Catherine who hasn’t seen you since you were 5 and ran around in a pink tutu, old college friends when they ask what you’ve been up to, and the list goes on and on).
3) No cost for basic services.
4) Provides some analytics for free.
5) More in-depth analytics and options are available for a small price.
6) Have I mentioned how awesome the pages look?
Why you should NOT set up a Booklaunch page for your book:
1) . . . . . .
I couldn’t come up with a reason. I sat here for ten minutes trying to think of something and the closest I got was, ‘I can’t be bothered.’ Since I didn’t know anyone who would actually say that, I didn’t write it up there.
I hope that means you’re all off to Booklaunch to set up your page now. Post a link to your finished page in the comments, I’d love to check it out =).