My post last week recapped the books I’ve read in 2015. In that post, I was excited to try to reach my goal of a book a week for 2016. With that in mind, I’ve created a reading challenge because I think they’re fun. I’ve based it on the alphabet =). Here it is:
- Read a book with Animal characters.
- Read a book by a best-selling British author.
- Read a book with Cooking in it.
- Read a Dystopian book.
- Read a book with a character who’s an Engineer.
- Read a book about Freedom.
- Read a book about a Gift. Alternatively, read a book you received as a Gift.
- Read a book about a character with memorable Hair.
- Read a book where a character is Innocent.
- Read a book written by an author whose name begins with J (first or last).
- Read a book a King has read.
- Read a book with a Long title (more than five words).
- Read a book your Mother recommends.
- Read a book by an author you’ve Never read before.
- Read a book that has a character crossing an Ocean.
- Read a book Published in 2016 and one Published the year you were 16.
- Read a book about a Quest.
- Read a book Recommended by your friend.
- Read a book about a Spy.
- Read a book about Time Travel.
- Read an Urban fantasy book.
- Read a book written by a military Veteran.
- Read a book written by a mighty Woman.
- Read a book with a Yellow cover.
- Read a book about a Zoo.
That’s doable, right? And I get 20 or so additional slots to fill with whatever I want. It’s going to be a great reading year, I can feel it. If you’d like to suggest any books, I love recommendations =).
(When I say, ‘a book about . . . ‘ I mean it can be fiction or non-fiction. For example, I can read a book about a zoo, or read a fiction book that has a zoo as a setting.)
8 thoughts on “2016 Reading Challenge”
Thank you! We’ll see how it goes =).
What a fun challenge!
This sounds like a fun challenge. Good luck! 😀
This seems like a lot of fun. Good luck!!
I just finished The Dog Stars by Peter Heller and loved it! It would be a good one for Dystopian novel. 🙂
Thanks for the recommendation! Love the idea of this guy living the airport hangar. Added to my list =).
Comments are closed.